Thursday, June 19, 2008

proposing...plan b


kenny and i had talked about marriage. we both knew it was just right, but i have to say that it was still all a surprise.

kenny flew to arizona for my birthday (december 26th) and we were able to spend the next week together. we stayed in arizona for a few days, then we drove back to utah. his family had planned on staying at the homestead in utah, which was a lot of fun and wonderfully beautiful. we were in evanston wyoming for new years eve, i know sounds exciting huh...well it was very exciting...

kenny had been bothering me about going snowboarding on new years day. i was not at all excited about it. the west family is really good at snowboarding and i am not, plus i am not a huge fan of being cold...they all wouldn't leave me alone about going snowboarding. i told kenny if he wanted to go that i of course would go with him.

on new years eve we were at his sister kimber's house. before i knew it, only kenny's brother-in-law, jeremy, and i were left in the front room watching the time square count down. i knew something was! i could hear kenny chatting in the kitchen with his mom and sisters - that is never a good sign.

they all came into the room and kenny asked if i wanted to go. i thought he didn't want to kiss me in front of his family...haha. so we went to a park. it was absolutely freezing. we got out and skated around on the frozen lake and then warmed backed up in the car. when it was midnight we got out to watch the fireworks and before i knew it he was on his knee - in the snow - and he proposed. i was so shocked that the first thing i did was take a few steps away from him!!! haha


of course there was a lot more 'mushy' stuff that went along with the proposing, but we will keep that between kenny and myself.



now why i say this was plan b was because he wanted to propose while we were snowboarding. he wanted to wait until the last run of the day, when i was all tired. while we were on the lift he was going to drop a box that looked like the wedding ring box. we were going to have to snowboard down and find it somehow in the trees and snow. i'm really glad he went with plan b!



we were both so excited and we spent the rest of the night informing family and just enjoying being engaged!

4 comments:

Michelle Connolly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Connolly said...

I have little helpers pushing buttons and my first comment got erased! Noah loves the pictures of Aunt Holly.

Anyway, you have such a beautiful smile. I love the wedding pictures!

I also love the song Ordinary Miracle. I hope you don't mind...I put it on my blog too. You have such good taste.

I'm looking forward to keeping up on all the baby news. Now I won't have to bug you...I can just read your blog!

Jeremy & Echelle Slade said...

Your blog is so cute!!! You should get people to pay you to do your blogs!!!! I am so excited that you have a blog! It is very addicting. Especially when you have kids! Love you lots!! Have a fabulous day!

Chrystal said...

Josh and I just wanted to say congratulations on your soon-to-be daughter! We hope all is going well for you.

With much love,
The Pond's

Wedding Reception