Wednesday, November 18, 2009

whAt a DaY cAN BriNg!



My sweet Annalee has been sick lately. I don't like it, but don't worry she still smiles when she can. So I got her into the Doctor, which was perfect cause we needed to do a 9month check-up anyway. So we found out that she is the average height/weight of a 15month old and she is only 9months. I love that big girl. So she has a really bad sinus infection that is causing her to be really congested. I was telling my doctor a few of my other concerns/ questions when I brought up Annalee's eye. Annalee's left eye droops sometimes, never was really bad, mainly when she was tired. Well we got some pictures done a few weeks ago and a few of them came back with that dang left eye droopy (btw, they are the cutest pics and will post some later when I get the CD back!). My doctor then changed her tone of voice, she stated that she had been watching it throughout the appointment and just thought it was because Annalee was sick, but now that I was telling her it was like that before she was concerned. She said she didn't want to scare me (uh wrong thing to say to a first time mom), but that she thought I needed to make an appointment with Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake and see an eye doctor there. Uh second way wrong thing to say to a first time mom. I didn't freak out or anything, just asked a few questions of her concern and what she thought it could be. She noted ptosis. We finished the appointment, I got in the car a a tear fell down the check...what the heck is ptosis and what is it going to do to my dauther's eye. I don't really know if a mother really ever stops praying in her heart, but I said a prayer outloud for my baby. I called Primary Children's Hospital and they said the next available appointment for non-emergency eye appointments was Jan 7th...uh third thing wrong to say to a worried first time mom. I got on the internet and googled about ptosis...what the heck it can cause you to loose your vision, Jan 7th is totally unacceptable. I called the local eye doctor and he got me in two hours later. Long story short, he does not see it being ptosis, but actually has concern over the right eye, he thinks the left eye is developing normal, but the right eye is a little behind. Sweet man didn't even charge me for a visit. He recommened keeping the appointment in January just in case. Seriously, what a day can bring. We have serious breathing treatments for annalee, sinus medicine, and of course my worrying over the eye(s). I feel so much better tonight, but told Kenny that I think we need to get vision insurance. Another long story short, but we have the best insurance in the world through the army, but no vision. We can get crappier health insurance through the police department, but it has vision insurance, maybe Heavenly Father is giving us time to get vision insurance, or maybe everything is okay, but I am grateful for his tender loving care over my precious daughter. What a day can bring.


4 comments:

Michelle Connolly said...

Oh my goodness!! Don't you just wish our little babies could tell us when something's not right... It's so hard to know or to try and guess.

Such a stressful day for you. Are you doing okay? We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

What size clothes is Annie wearing these days? 12-18 months?

Amanda said...

Oh no! What a hard, hard day to go through. I'm glad that the eye doctor didn't think it was patosis (no idea if I spelled that right or not).

Elizabeth had a really hard time her first winter too. Breathing treatments, IV because of a bad flu, sinus infections. Maybe they just make that first winter the worst so that we can freak out and then for the rest of their lives we can say "oh well, it's not as bad as the time that...".

Anyway- I am in no way trying to down play how hard this is on you. Nothing is worse than a sick baby. I'll be praying for you all and we need an update on Jan. 7th - because you know we'll all be lookin!

Love you!

Angela said...

poor thing! i hope her infection clears up fast! and i'm glad she does not have pstosis!

Jeremy & Echelle Slade said...

She is so cute! That is really scary. I am glad you got things figured out. She is so darling.

Wedding Reception