Monday, January 24, 2011 update.

Finally....a post:) I ended up staying in the hospital until I had little Bentley Max West. A total of three weeks in the hospital - I could do a whole post on that but will refrain because I don't want to tear up right now. Lets just say that through prayers and a WONDERFUL Doctor, Bentely arrived three weeks early on November 9th. That was our goal, to make it to 37 weeks and for him to get bigger. When I got to the hopsital they started me on steroid shots and very strict bed rest, they thought they would have to delilver at any time and he wasn't weighing even four pounds. If my blood pressure was good I got one 15 minute wheel-chair ride a day. Imagine how crazy I was going. Imagine how much I missed my husband and little girl. I loved when they would come visit me about every other day. I could hear Annalee's squeeky shoes down the hall and could hear her yelling Mommy as she knew exactly where my room was. She loved playing with the latex gloves, eating my food, and of course taking over my bed:) My mom came the week I delivered and it was so nice to have her help and take a little burden off everyone else from Annalee, she is a lot of work and everyone commented on that; however, she is very brilliant. During my hospital stay she started to potty-train herself, that's right my 18 month old potty trained herself. What a gal.
Our miracle Bently Max West was 5 pounds 13 ounces and 19.5 inches long. Just a small bundle of joy. He dropped down to 5 pounds 3 ounces in the hospital and it got everyone pretty scared. He and his sister have been polar opposites...he is very calm and sleeps often. She is very energetic and doesn't like to sleep much. They have been so fun.

Just two months later Bentley has gotten so big. He was in the 20th percentile at his 2 month check up so I'm sure he will catch right up. He is awake more now and smiles all the time. He has had to do breathing treatments, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Apparently boys are a lot more prone to be sick, and they were worried about his lungs developing completely anyway...but he is GREAT:)
Christmas was wonderful. Annalee was so much fun. She loved decorating the tree and redocrating the tree.

We opened stockings first and she got this hat and sunglasses from Santa and she had to wear them the rest of the morning.

Life with two little kids, working full time, Young Women's, and a husband that works shift work has been interesting to say the least. My house may not be as clean as it could be and the laundry sure piles up, but we are having a blast!


Michelle Connolly said...

Love the pictures Holls!

Kelly Merrell said...

Flade! What a sweet story about your son! I hope everything is great now with your family! I just got back from a Girls Night with some friends in our ward and this one girl knew tons of peeps from Eagerville and it made me think of you and all of your old boyfriends. LOL. Miss you! I still hope Annalee and Kai get married. P.S. I love the name Bentley!

Wedding Reception