Sunday, April 19, 2009

Jazz Moving Easter Wedding

Where do I begin. This past month has been a whirlwind...really it has. I'm sure I will forget a lot of things, but I only have a second to post before Annalee wakes up.

Annalee went to her first Utah Jazz game. The tickets to the game were a stocking stuffer and we have been looking forward to going for four months. Unfortunetly Kenny had to work (more on this later), so Whitney stepped in and went with us. Annalee had a cute pink Utah jazz sweater...of course!We had a lot of fun and I'm sure Annalee is going to be a ball player:)


So Kenny applied to be a police officer in Evanston Wyoming. Of course "with the market the way that it is", a lot of people applied. After a long month of PT testing, interviews, and background checks, Kenny was hired!!! This is something he has always wanted to do. We were so blessed for him to get the job. In fact I think I was so excited about it that I lost track of what the reality of it meant. He was to start right away and I still had my contract to finish with my school...so that meant a lot of time apart. Then what would we do with our house? Where would we live in Evanston? What would I do about my job? Could we afford to live off Kenny's salary alone? Well...here is the short of what happened and it happened QUICKLY.

Whitney and I were driving home one day and I saw a house that had flyers about their home being for sale. I had Whitney hurry and jump out and get a flyer so I could see what the house was going for. We called the realtor, who was out on vacation, so we talked to one of his co-workers. We ended up meeting with this realtor and put our house up for sale. We were busy cleaning, painting, and getting the house ready to hopefully be shown to some clients. For any of you who have lived in a house for awhile while it has been for sale I don't know how you do it...I was exhausted from just trying to keep it clean. Well in three days we had our first customers and they made an offer on the house. After some negotiations, it was a done deal and we are under contract and plan to close on the house on April 28th. We now have to pack up and move into an apartment in two weeks! Now I'm even more exhausted thinking about it!! We have looked at a few homes in Evanston, but nothing has captured both our eyes...stay tuned, the adventure of buying a house is going to be a big one!


Then Shane got married. Whitney, Annalee, and I made the treck to Eagar. Wow that was fun...a ten hour drive with a little baby. Well I made the drive back to Utah by myself with Annalee. The 10 hour drive became a 16 hour drive. Talk about some mom and baby bonding time in the back of the car on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere! Shane's wedding was great and we love Jennifer. They both looked so beautiful. It was great to be with family! We love and miss you all already.

Meeting Granny and Papa Slade.
Meeting Uncle Derek!
The new couple! Aren't they beautiful people! This was the dinner the night before the wedding.

As if the wedding wasn't enough..it was Easter. YEAH Annalee's first Easter. You can tell how excited she is to be coloring Easter eggs. Maybe next year!

Okay Noah was hilarious with Annalee. He kept playing with her, checking on her, and even gave her a bath. I gave him the special duty of "babysitter", for a little boy he was the BEST babysitter ever. This is him taking pictures of Annalee...yes he did this one by himself. Look how happy Annalee is to be playing with him, but don't ask me what face he is pulling. Not only is he a good babysitter, he is a great photographer. This kid has a big future!

Although my mom is pulling a funny face in this picture. She was absolutely stunning at the wedding. She had the cutest brown polk-a-dot dress. So did Tammi, so we had them take a picture together. My mother is beautiful!
It was nice having Spring Break and now I must return to work. I think it is going to be harder on me then it was to go back to work before Spring Break. I don't know what it is, but I love this girl more and more...for you mothers that have ever rocked your child and just gazed in amazement during the entire time your child is taking a nap you know what I mean. It doesn't get any better. Stay tuned for more adventures. They are sure to come. I love it. Love it all!

9 comments:

Whitney Lee Slade said...

this is great stuff.... good times indeed. we got a pretty lovely family, dont we. i love being a part of it, even if im the crap one of the fam.. now the only loner left besides baby boy derek ha. its still good. love ya balls.

p.s- your baby wont stop laughing and smiling today! she misses you but is happy cuz she knows its her aunt whits bday. yup, she does! and also we had a party without you, thats right. we danced and ate cake. you should have seen her. she even broke the pinata open.. it was a sight.ha

Allison said...

Holly!!! How are you? I found your blog through my blog stalking routine. :) Your little family is so cute! I hope all is well in your family, although it sounds like you are in for quite a ride! Good luck with moving, and all the other rapid changes you have coming up!

Michelle Connolly said...

Cute post! Noah did love spending time with Annie. It was great for me to see that he is going to be okay with our new little one. That was a fun weekend.

Chrystal said...

Josh said you guys were moving-Holy Cow! Good luck on this next huge adventure. And congrats to Kenny on the new job.

Jessica Farmer said...

Holly Anne Slade! Hey former roomie! How the HECK are you! Well, you look awesome and so HAPPY! I have been wondering for a long time whatever happened to you. I found your blog through Kelly's. Your little girl is adorable! Anyway here is my blog ejfarmer.com. I am glad I found you!

Jordan and Nona said...

ohhh you have such a gorgeous daughter!! and they grow sooo fast so enjoy them =]] So whens the next edtion to the wesr family coming? lol

Hart Bunch said...

FINALLY another cop in the family! I thought it was gonna be just me and Brannon forever! Congradulations Kenny! Your gonna love it! Welcome to the brother hood. Evanston looks a lot like Show Low, pretty cool place. Good luck.

Justin

Joe said...

Holly! It's been forever since we've seen eachother. I stumbled across your blog from Angela's. Congratulations on the beautiful baby girl- I have one too, and it's fun.

Glad to see you are doing so well.

Joe Wilson

Katlyn Papa said...

Oh my word Holly Anne!!!! What a whirlwind you have been through! But what exciting news! Things just work out the way you would love them to sometimes and the blessings just keep coming! Congratulations to Kenny on the new job. Stinks that you are moving further away, but you will be happy. I know you will. Sweet little baby is beautiful just like her mom and also her Grandma! She really does look amazing in that picture. GO TINA!!!!
Anyways, I ramble don't I!? Good luck with your move and all the great days to come! Love ya!

Wedding Reception